17 Jan Boost your brand through corporate social responsibility
Have you discovered the value of community impact yet? If you haven’t, you might want to reconsider. Here’s why: Giving back is one means to help you build your brand and get more business.
Community involvement fosters an environment in which consumers choose people to do business with based on relationships and perceived social impact.
If you want to get involved but don’t really know where to start, consider these ideas:
- Participate in your local chamber of commerce, as well as getting involved in local government, service organizations, nonprofits and industry organizations. This proven technique will raise awareness about you and your brand.
- Be visible. You’ll brand yourself as an expert when you make yourself available for university lectures and public events. Learn how to take advantage of media opportunities because these afford you the opportunity to serve as a spokesperson for your industry when a related news event occurs. Introduce yourself to the business editor or a business reporter at your local newspaper. Offer to be a resource for stories on specific subjects or issues.
- Practice generosity. Your good works speak for themselves. Keep in mind that consumers are more likely to patronize a business that appears to have a moral compass.
- Launch a publicity event to benefit your city or town. Lending your marketing expertise to boost your community’s profile shows others your team spirit. Your willingness to help others shines a positive spotlight on your community-boosting attitude.
- Offer local discounts or donate small prizes at events. Even though it entails an upfront cost, this investment may translate into more business from people who might otherwise never hear about you!